Sunday 21 February 2010

11K background listening

Back in the UK now, fighting jetlag: failed to stay entirely awake during the noisy and hyperkinetic Sherlock Holmes, which is probably saying something. In the absence of anything more relevant to post, therefore, here's a lovely song that I've been enjoying for the last year or so, especially when I've been trying to get into the appropriate mental groove for the first of the 11K books. I first heard this song on one of the Real World samplers; gradually it wormed its way into my brain to the point where I had to go and buy the album. Say what you will about Peter Gabriel, who pops up here on this live version, but he's done a lot to open my eyes and ears to different kinds of music. I think this is simply wonderful...

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Al,

    Glad to see you're home safe & sound, and not too much the worse for wear after spending time in the States. I received a package in the mail today, and I wanted to thank you ever so much once again. Truly, a fine surprise. Looking forward to the next opportunity to meet up, and hopefully to work together again one of these days. And hoping that both of these will be in the not-too-distant future.
    Cheers and all best,
    - marty

    More Red Ink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrew Breitenbach24 March 2010 at 12:13

    For me, the best thing about "Sherlock Holmes" was Hans Zimmers's musical score. It's the first soundtrack-for-a-newly-released-movie I've purchased in years.

    ReplyDelete